The Head Teller is responsible for providing functional oversight and operational guidance to the CSR positions to ensure that efficient, professional, and quality customer service is provided to all Forcht Bank Customers. Head Teller will act as direct support to the Sales and Service Manager in all related areas, including new and existing accounts and teller operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Coordinate the daily activity and work flow of the Teller line.
- Monitoring the distribution and receipt of money, transaction record keeping, and approving checks for payment.
- Monitor and maintain the bank/branch cash vault.
- Assist in balancing the bank/branch cash vault on a daily basis.
- Prepare, receive and verify weekly money orders to and from Federal Reserve Bank for the branch.
- Prepare money shipments to branches as needed.
- Open and record Bank’s night deposit under dual control on a daily basis.
- Issues cash drawers to Customer Service Representatives (CSR) daily, ensure they have sufficient funds for cash transactions and maintain assigned drawer limits.
- Supervise and delegate duties among all Bank Tellers.
- Assist in preparation of weekly CSR’s schedules.
- Responsible for the proper training of new CSR’s in conjunction with Training Department in conjunction with the Sales and Service Managers.
- Assist CSR’s with procedures, questions and any difficulties they may have and provide additional training as needed.
- Reports any major problems or questions to the Sales and Service Manager.
- Ensure the cleanliness and appearance of the Teller area.
- Backup for Sales and Service Manager, opening all types of new accounts.
- Responsible for monitoring and collection of cash items for all CSR’s.
- Approve or disapprove cashing of checks over subordinates limits.
- Approve and sign Cashiers Checks, money orders and certificates of deposit within limits.
- Operate a cash drawer and operate/balance branch capture. Ensure end-of-day transmission of captured items complete.
- Oversee the following; balancing of ATM, self-serve coin counter, batching of cash advance terminal, all cash and sensitive information/supplies are stored in vault before exiting the building at closing.
- Operate/balance/upload branch capture and ensure end-of day processing is completed timely.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a detailed knowledge of all accounts and services at the transaction level and account opening.
- Ability to direct, instruct, and organize Tellers in all of their day-to-day duties.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations based on sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to represent the Bank in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to promote and deliver superior customer service and friendliness.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and banking information systems that are applicable to the area of assignment which may include: Navigator, Integrated Teller, Director, and BPM.
- Proficient background in the Bank’s operating policies and procedures and banking regulators, including a thorough understanding of the Banks products and services.
- Ability to work as a team and with member of other departments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive documents or other confidential information.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity which provides the ability to handle and count both coins and paper currency. Will regularly be required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to the specific role or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or the equivalency. Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or the equivalent is preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience performing the role of a Customer Service Representative.
- Proficient in the use of applicable branch computer systems.
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, civic activities, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must adhere to all Bank Secrecy Act regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.