The Concierge Banker is responsible for assisting the assigned Banking Center in meeting and/or exceeding branch profitability goals by generating new and/or managing existing customers and ensuring that efficient, professional, and quality VIP service is delivered through the handling of various financial transactions whether in person or by telephone.
Individuals occupying this position will be assigned annual loan production goals, which will be based on experience and the growth of the individual loan portfolio and deposit production goals, which will be based on growth of the core deposit customer base. Performance expectation is to meet or exceed those established goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Develop and maintains customer relationships by calling on prospective customers, identifying prospects, establishing suitable methods of contact and determining appropriate products and/or services.
- Open loan applications for certain products to include unsecure consumer loans, automobile loans, new start credit loans, and home equity lines of credit.
- Open all types of consumer and business deposit accounts to include checking accounts, money market accounts, savings accounts, IRAs, CDs and safe deposit boxes.
- Meet loan and deposit production goals.
- Accept customer check orders and enter order on-line.
- Assist customers with financial transactions.
- Cash checks within proper authorization levels and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Place holds on accounts.
- Assist customers with questions, concerns, and explanations or demonstrations of bank products or services offered.
- Recognize and pursue opportunities to cross-sell products and services based upon the customer’s needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide excellent customer service while exhibiting dedication to Forcht Bank’s mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to promote and cross sell bank products and meet referral goals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and banking information systems that are applicable to the area of assignment which include: CBS, Desktop, Nautilus.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other departments.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision in carrying out the tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive documents or other confidential information.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and their applications specific to the position.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity which provides the ability to handle and count both coins and paper currency. Will regularly be required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to the specific role or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include early or late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
To be considered for the position, the applicant must meet the requirements as outlined in either A. or B.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Sales, Communications, or a degree which would have taught the skills relevant to the position.
~ or ~
- High School Diploma or the equivalency.
- Two (2) years’ experience in an occupation that required superior customer service skills, fast-paced computer data entry, or video customer interaction. Banking or retail sales experience is preferred but not required.
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, civic activities, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must comply with all Bank Secrecy Act rules, regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.