A Customer Service Representative (CSR) will interact with customers by telephone to provide efficient and professional front-line service to all customer inquiries about products and services offered by Kentucky National Insurance Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Answer inbound customer phone inquiries and support agent and policy holder relationships with the primary responsibility being problem resolution.
- Responsible for service activities requiring client contact including answering questions regarding coverages, endorsements, renewals and billing.
- Identify and analyze customer needs to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and assist with the growth and retention of business.
- Understand and explain eligibility requirements related to underwriting guidelines.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Provide high service standards and maintain company reputation by complying with all applicable Insurance Department regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Possess negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to apply pertinent federal, state or local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to insurance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information found within spreadsheets and work-related documents.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to others in order to convey information effectively.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of employees, officers, directors, and service providers.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to establish productive business relationships with others, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision in carrying out the tasks and responsibilities assigned and also work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to be a self-starter and motivated to complete work with a sense of urgency.
- Evidence of flexibility and problem‐solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to use a telephone and/or telephone headset and answer phone calls for most of the work day.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity that allows for the ability to type, sort documents, and file.
- Ability to listen and understand information and ideas presented both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate information both orally and in writing so others will understand the message being conveyed.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Insurance background preferred.
- May be required to attend activities outside the office to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Ability to work flexible schedules that may include early/late or weekend working hours.
Note: This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Kentucky National Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer –