The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is a key member of the Marketing Team and plays a pivotal role in the development of creative and compelling content that increases awareness, visibility, and positive perceptions of Forcht Group companies, and enhances audience engagement while conveying 'the voice of the company(s)'. The ideal candidate is experienced with solid technical/computer skills, proven ability to write persuasively across multiple mediums - digital, social, mobile, electronic, and print - and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully,an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Write copy for all social, digital, and traditional media to include social media posts, websites, brochures, email newsletters, news releases, newspaper ads, radio and television commercials, and other written communication.
- Create, manage, and grow business presence across social media channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google , YouTube and Instagram.
- Develop content across all social channels which may include posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos.
- Attend regular meetings with the Chief Marking Officer (CMO), Senior Graphic Designer and marketing team to discuss strategic direction, target audience, and core message for each project.
- Explore creative ideas and concepts for written and visual elements in conjunction with the marketing team.
- Gain a deep understanding of the different Forcht Group companies, products and services, target audience, and competitor activities in the market.
- Utilize Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide progress reports.
- Perform keyword research and integration of keywords into website copy and content.
- Work with graphic designer and web developers to modify web content as needed.
- Prepare final drafts of copy and content for approval by CMO.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Ability to write creative, persuasive marketing copy based on business strategies.
- Knowledge and expertise in using all social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google and Pinterest.
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge and expertise in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and expertise in paid and local search on Google, Yahoo, Yelp, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office products, particularly word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of pertinent copyright laws, rules and regulations.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prepare clear, concise and accurate reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information found within spreadsheets and work- related documents.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to listen and understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to others in order to convey information effectively.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of employees, officers, directors, and service providers.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to establish productive business relationships with others, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision in carrying out the tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to be a self-starter and motivated to complete work with a sense of urgency.
- Evidence of flexibility and problem‐solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive documents or other confidential information.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity that allows for the ability to type, sort documents, file.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will understand.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or a related field. Relevant years of work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ demonstrable experience writing, editing and creating media content in a business context.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google , Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.
- May be required to attend activities outside the office to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Ability to work flexible schedules that may include early/late or weekend working hours.
Note: This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Forcht Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer –