Job Title: Housekeeper
Supervision Received: Housekeeping Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
FSLA Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Housekeeper position will ensure that the facility is clean and sanitized for all. The position will provide compliance with all state, federal, and local standards; guidelines and regulations governing the facility and may be directed by the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor and by the Administrator, that the facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Works with the Housekeeping/Laundry Supervisor to implement recommended changes as required.
- Assures that all housekeeping procedures are followed in accordance with all established policies and procedures.
- Ensures the physical cleanliness, appearance and maintenance of the inside of the facility and its equipment and furnishing.
- Cleans designated outside areas, scrubs porches, patios, etc.
- Provides daily cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing of all resident and public areas.
- Provides periodic cleaning of windows, walls, floor waxing, and polishing. Furniture washing, polishing upholstery cleaning, etc., as assigned.
- Ensures that all areas of the facility are clean and orderly throughout the day.
- Ensures that trash/waste is discarded to properly labeled containers.
- Relines trash receptacles with correct liners to ensure that all waste is identified correctly and discarded properly.
- Must present a clean, personable appearance to visitors and others.
- Must refer all questions about the facility and residents to Supervisors.
- Performs all cleaning assignments in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as, with our established policies and procedures.
- Report all accidents/incidents as established by facility policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language.
- Must be able to cope with the mental an emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with the resident, personnel and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- May be required to attend activities outside the facility to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- May be required to work holidays
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work, while at work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Comply with all Healthcare Act rules and regulations and any related laws and regulations.
Note: This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
This facility is an Equal Opportunity Employer