The Internet Mortgage Specialist performs a wide range of duties related to the origination of residential 1st mortgages. The position will be responsible for generating mortgage loan production from company provided leads, internet sales and various other third party providers. The individual will be required to deliver strong results in mortgage products as well as provide exceptional customer service throughout the sales process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Originate individual loan products at or above established metrics from management.
- Mastering sales techniques and making outbound calls to company provided warms leads to assist customers with a purchase or refinance of their mortgage.
- Connect, build and leverage client relationship to complete sale.
- Utilize sales process and scripts to help build Forcht Bank brand.
- Obtain customer commitment, request initial documents and submit to processing for verification.
- Confer with processing and underwriting to aid in resolving any mortgage application issues.
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data to determine the best program for a customer to meet their needs.
- Follow documented Forcht Bank “Lending Roadmap” workflow in detail.
- Inputs approval or declination information into computer systems; communicates clearly to set expectations and informs borrowers, realtors, builders and closers of loan status.
- Build rapport and create trusting client relationship through honesty, integrity and product knowledge.
- Act as main point of contact for customers going through the mortgage process.
- Keep current with the market changes and regulations pertaining to the position.
- Exceed all daily, weekly and monthly sales targets set forth by management.
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Positive attitude and ability to communicate effectively in a phone or internet based environment.
- Above average ability to think logically in order to analyze situations and make sound decisions.
- Persistence, honesty, commitment and a very strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of all lending programs and their underwriting criteria available through Forcht Bank
- Customer service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High confidence and drive with strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time.
- General knowledge of bank operations and procedures, in particular loan documents, lending compliance and loan sales.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and bank information systems.
- General background in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations including an understanding of financial institution products and services.
- Must possess or have the ability to possess upon hire, an NMLS ID per the SAFE Act.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations if needed.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or the equivalency. Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or the equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of three (5) years of banking experience; experience specific to lending or loan sales is highly desired.
- Will be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must adhere to all Bank Secrecy Act regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Forcht Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer –