Job Title: Director of Deposit Operations
Supervision Received: CFO
Supervision Exercised: Deposit Operations Managers (2 to 3)
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
The Director is responsible for the leadership and management of the Deposit Operations Team with the goals of attaining optimum efficiency and providing exceptional customer service, all while adhering to Bank Policies and Procedures. This position will oversee day to day operations of the Department, providing guidance, and participate in daily operation activities to achieve customer and business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Provide overall management, direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Deposit Operations Team. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning and directing work; performance reviews and disciplinary actions; addressing complaints, coaching, and problem resolution.
- Ensure the Bank’s deposit operating system (Fiserv Premier), as well as other key systems, perform in an accurate, controlled manner to deliver consumer and commercial deposit products.
- Utilize core system knowledge and expertise to insure transactions and products process according to defined regulations and procedural parameters.
- Identify and oversee projects to enhance overall Bank operations efficiency and client service effectiveness.
- Manage all processing and problem resolution relating to the Bank’s deposit account delivery services as well as regulatory compliance matters associated with deposit products and services.
- Provide oversight and subject matter expertise with system enhancements and new product deployments.
- Maintain FDICIA controls and coordinate internal control reviews with auditors and examiners, as well as proactive identification and resolution of control deficiencies.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the goal of improving communications to and among the Deposit Operations employees.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures, federal and state laws, and regulatory guidance associated with this position. Stay informed of pending changes and share updates and insight with management.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and bank information systems.
- Background in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations. Ability to establish, conduct and track (audit) operational processes properly, and implement changes.
- Ability to provide effective leadership including coaching, supervision, and influence.
- Knowledge of risk management and ability to make strategic result-oriented decisions, and accept responsibility for the results.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling sensitive documents or other confidential information.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other departments.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to convey information tactfully and effectively to all levels of employees and customers.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Ability to establish productive business interpersonal relationships with others inside and outside the organization and to work with little direct supervision in carrying out the responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to embrace and support the Bank’s management philosophy.
- Ability to perform multiple job functions and tasks with minimum supervision.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and generate appropriate solutions or responses.
- Ability to analyze a situation and select the appropriate course of action on matters involving significant risks or consequences.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations if needed.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field and eight (8) years of experience in financial services and general deposit operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must adhere to all Bank Secrecy Act regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Forcht Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer –