Job Title: Sales Associate
Supervision Received: Assistant Manager
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA: Part-time, Seasonal
The part-time seasonal Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor resets, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping.
- Assist in gift wrapping products.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aide customer in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to assist in completing price changes within department.
- Ability to participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- Ability to develop a healthy team environment with mentoring, coaching, and performance improvement skills.
- Ability to communicate orally to others in order to convey information effectively.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to display a calming presence in stressful situations and high energy for a fun and festive atmosphere.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects, cutting paper or ribbon, or tying ribbon and bows.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift, stack and maneuver objects and boxes.
- Ability to climb a step ladder and reach for objects above the head.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, inventory scanning system, and cash register system, HR time approval system, etc.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- High School or equivalent diploma required.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a high-end retail or customer service focused business; particular focus in furniture and interior design is preferred.
- May be required to attend activities outside the store to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and interior design or life-styling trends.
- The ideal candidate must be highly motivated with a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated excellent people skills are required for all positions at My Favorite Things.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
-My Favorite Things is an Equal Opportunity Employer-