The Deposit Operations Specialist provides day-to-day support for Forcht Bank’s Deposit Operations Department, which includes: Garnishments & Levies, Deposit Account Research, Account Maintenance, Teller and Mobile Capture Review, and ATM/Debit Card Maintenance. This position provides support to team members and maintains a culture of superior customer service while complying with internal procedures and regulatory guidance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Provide daily support for branch and call center concerning customer inquiries, problem resolution, and customer research.
- Process and respond to garnishments & levies; coordinate communication with the bank’s legal department.
- Review daily teller and mobile capture transactions.
- Review daily deposit repots and conduct research for exception items.
- Conduct various types of deposit research.
- Complete deposit account maintenance requests.
- Perform ATM/Debit card duties and responsibilities including ordering new cards, fraud investigation, pin resets, and maintenance requests.
- Provide general help for online banking activities and requests such as password resets.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Communicate with both internal and external customers in verbal and written form; display respect for the dignity and opinions of others.
- Assist the operations department with new product implementation and other special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, and related banking information systems.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other departments.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision in carrying out the tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines in the areas of deposit operations.
- Ability to handle sensitive documents or other confidential information.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and their applications specific to the position.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to the specific role or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and at least one year of prior banking experience is required.
- An Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or the equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted for experience requirement.
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, civic activities, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must comply with all Bank Secrecy Act rules, regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Forcht Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer –