Job Title: Executive Assistant - 2
Supervision Received: President
Supervision Exercised: None
FLSA: Part-time, Non Exempt
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to the President. The Executive Assistant must have experience in handling a wide range of corporate administrative responsibilities, work with minimal supervision, demonstrate continuous attention to detail, and exemplify excellent follow through. This is a part time position will be scheduled Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Prepare reports by collecting and assembling information and data.
- Anticipate, plan, organize, and simplify the day-to-day professional affairs of the organization’s President.
- Demonstrate extreme discretion and confidentiality involving matters of sensitivity.
- Draft and create documents to include PowerPoint presentations, Excel worksheets, and Word documents that include professional reports and correspondence.
- Navigate and update social media websites.
- Greet and host visitors and guests to the executive office suites.
- Maintain President’s appointment schedule by coordinating calendars.
- Support the planning and organizing of meetings by coordinating conference rooms, creating agendas and packets, and coordinating the delivery of refreshments and meals.
- File, organize, and review documents and correspondence received from various entities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be a self‐starter, polished, articulate, proactive and can gracefully multi‐task and prioritize time‐sensitive matters.
- Ability to manage and maintain confidentiality at the highest level of the organization.
- Superior proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office products and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcript, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to coordinate multiple, diverse projects while setting realistic timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to resolve routine issues independently and understand when consultation with President is necessary for unusual issues.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services; demonstrating high levels of professionalism and confidentiality in all interactions.
- Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems and collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Ability to communicate orally to others to convey information effectively.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Knowledge of those arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications specific to the position.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations if needed.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule when needed that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or related field of study. Additional years of experience above the minimum requirements may be considered in lieu of education.
- Three (3) years of administrative experience supporting Presidents, CEOs, Vice Presidents, Boards, or directors and high-level managers.
- Proficient in the use Microsoft Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Elevated requirement for professionalism and discretion with confidential information.
- May be required to attend outside activities to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.
- Forcht Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer –